How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary tasks?
It's important to make a clear connection between the main product, digipak and advertisement. This connection is significant in making a profit and attaining an image that is successful amongst my target audience.
I created a music video in the genre indie rock for my main product, produced a digipak and a poster to promote the band for my ancillary tasks.
![]() |
| My digipak and promotional poster |
In order for my product to be a marketable success, I established a minimalistic theme and a monochromatic palette as the foundation of my merchandise to make them easy to identify and make connections between my music video and saleable/promotional media products. These are also conventional features within my chosen genre. In terms of font, I kept it simple and all of the letters lowercase so as not to draw attention away from the band's name or the cover of the digipak presented in the middle. This also keeps a neat and clean appearance that I wanted to continue asthe main theme running throughout my work was minimalism. As my main media product was strictly a narrative, I was not able to create an image of the band from it. The consumers are able to form an image from my digipak and my promotional poster advert.
The back cover of my digipak is a photo from one of the locations I filmed in. This makes a subtle link between my digipak and my music video. This also develops on the narrative and provokes thoughts of whether this location holds any sentiment to the character/s.


No comments:
Post a Comment